Monday, May 21, 2007

"Brunch after Lunch"


Saturday I had fun hosting "brunch after lunch" for the women in our Sunday School class. In true "Pam" fashion there were cute plates/napkins, good gooey food, a few tasteful decorations and a little music. It's not often we get to host these days. The whole reason it had to be "after lunch" was because all these women have kids in sports!!!!! Thus no one could do it Saturday morning. Is this where we're headed? Can women no longer meet "at the water well, or by the river" because they're children have "things'! Ugh....women unite! Can we make a priority to spend time together as women have done for centuries before us or will we be relegated to carpools and carseats?
Aunt Colette & our sweet neighbor Cecily across the street helped with food. Cecily's husband brought over a gaggle of roses that when placed in my mom's old Swedish coffee maker made a beautiful centerpiece!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I have warm memories of those times together as a young mother. It helped me raise you and your siblings. Oh, and I love my coffee pot in the middle of the table. The flowers make it!! Love to you. Mom