Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independence Day


Audra says on occasion...."I feel I am never going to be a grown up!". When will she get her "independence"? When will she get to make her "own" choices (I think this means stay up late and drink beverages that contain caffeine?) Alternatively....I think on occasion when oh when "can I be dependent again?" When can I sleep in, have my bills paid without even knowing it, when can I reap the benefits of someone else's (my parents) hard work? When can I not be the one who has to "run" when I hear somebody go splat on the concrete? Today we celebrate our Independence as a Nation? I wonder if these days we look back and wonder, just on occasion, if we could be "dependent" again..... just for a day?
(this is a picture of Lucy this afternoon celebrating her 4th .....4th of July! She turns 4 end of next week!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me with this picture. Get that little girl her own calendar page. July 2008. that is so precious!!! Cutie Lucy
Jann