Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Of Mice and Men.... (or man & woman)


So much to blog, so little time. Our minds have been on our nephew Joey this week who has been in the hospital ....He is home and doing much better!! Welcome Home Joey!

that is no reflection of the above picture! In fact....we have a mouse. This little creature (Oh LORD let him be little and not a rat) Has been feasting on the innerds of chair cushions in our garage. Chris immediately threatened this unwelcomed creature with a TRAP. A hunk of cheddar where he'd meet his fate. Much to our dismay this mouse gets the cheese...NO TRAP! What...I thought.....impossible. My husband was not ruffled. He again...put out the cheese. No cheese, no mouse. What....how was he navigating this time tested method of capture? One night Chris even went to check only an hour after he put out the bait. GONE! In an hour!! I was mad now...I said "sit in the van Chris and wait for him!" My husband looked at me w/ dismay? "YOU sit in the van!" he said quickly back!!! He then mumbled "what did you think I'd shoot it if he came out?" Ok....you got me. I just thought we could see our foe first hand. I then realized since it is still 95 degrees this may be a bad idea.
My brother Dana suggested peanut butter. Ah...at last we thought. Now you've met your match. Peanut butter it is!! The next morning....we could almost hear our little fury friend laughing as the peanut butter was untouched. "hhhhaaaa ha....I don't even like PEANUT BUTTER!" he seemed to say.
Alas......we still have a mouse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever catch him?? We have had seven or eight in the last few weeks. A couple times they took the cheese and left the trap as they found it. Ugh!! Fall on the farm! Are you still homesick? Mum