Friday, October 12, 2007

Gunnar's funny


This is what Audra looks like after a long day at school... tossled hair, a toothy grin, and wants to play outside. The other afternoon I was "over it". 3:30-5:30 as most moms would agree is a tough time. End of the day before dad gets home, making dinner, tired school kids. All three had been on me like "white on rice". Finally, exasperated I said in a firm voice "ENOUGH! No more mommy, mommy, mommy. I want five minutes of NO mommy do this!!" The result was stunned silence. Gunnar was walking down the stairs at the time of my "outburst", he had been mid "MOMMY" when I lost it. He stopped, full stop on the stairs and after a weighty pause, he said in a hushed voice "Amy, can you help me put on my costume?" Aaahhhh Gunnar! Gotta love ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so funny. I love it. amy could you....Hilarious
J