Monday, February 1, 2010

Mor Mor & G's annual visit!!!


Ugh..... that's a long time to not say a word!!

My parents have just left from a two week visit. It's very sad to watch your parents drive out of your driveway. IT gives way to emotions...like sadness, resolve, regret. It's a strange feeling to know that as they drive away and I have children in my arms and wrapped around my legs and I walk back into our house that I am a grown up. I live miles and miles away from my parents and I am responsible for the care of these four kids (along...thankfully with Chris!!!:) Somehow their visits give me a brief moment of childhood. I get to rely on them for moments of taking care of my kids, my dad helping us stain our deck, my mother cleaning out my refrigerator. And for that brief moment each year I get to be a kid again. Somebody's kid....their kid. And as they drive away I'm met with the reality that although I'll always be their "kid" I am most definitely an adult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Sweet and true. As long as we have parents (living) we get to be kids for a time. Great insight.
Love Jann