Monday, July 19, 2010

Birthdays in Minnesota


For the last several years I've had my birthday in Minnesota. I'm usually shuffling children and usually without my husband. That was the case this year so I decided to take matters into my own hands! My kids got up early so I rallied my mom and Joey to drive the half hour to Keys Bakery in St. Paul. Why drive 30 minutes with four kids in tow? Believe me...the rolls are worth it. So is the old time feel of the place. I had to get directions via Boston from my brother Dana and we had so much fun it was worth every mile!
Waiting outside for Mor Mor to pay (thanks mom!)
I followed this high calories feast with lunch out with my family. Sisters and moms (my sister in law Colette and mother in law were here for our CArlson family reunion!) Perfect timing!! We had a wonderful lunch an Italian rest!! Some times a gal's got to make her birthday happen!! So much fun!!!!!

2 comments:

Montana said...

What great pictures, Amy. I've been waiting for them (especially the TEXAS photo). Wish I could have seen you this year - maybe next. Love you all!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE Keys!!! So glad you took matters into your own hands. What an awesome birthday! Wish I had been there to celebrate with you. Miss you dear friend!