Tuesday, June 19, 2007

VBS (or as Gunnar called it...PBS!)

Last week we were awash in Vacation Bible School Monday-Friday! There were over 600 kids this year in our medium sized church.... I must confess volunteering for VBS does not come "naturally" to me. Strange since my mother is the QUEEN of VBS! But I helped in Audra's class and we really did have fun. Some things are very different then when I was a kid... t-shirts, DVD's to instruct the kids on the moves and words to the "theme songs", the first day there was the mascot from the Houston Championship Soccer team (The Dynamos!). and dad's volunteering to teach classes! But some things are the same.....crafts, rec and snack. There was the offering for a "good cause" (which really was, called Manna Worldwide....very interesting) and storytime. There was a DVD about missionaries which I suppose replaces the flannel graph? All in all....these precious children were loved on, fed, worn out for their parents and taught that Jesus does indeed love them.
Here's to another year of Vacation Bible School and all of the thousands of people that help each year!
(the little girl to Audra's right is her friend Alyssa that she invited!:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do they still make the Kool - aid really weak in order to make it go around. My most vivid memory!!!And the missionary talks.
Jann