Sunday, February 1, 2009

A tribute to Grandparents

My precious grandmother passed away earlier this month at the incredible age of 96!! Peacefully she went home to Heaven and for us it was a beautiful celebration of her life. To look at this picture and see four generations....each holding the promise of their own story gives me such hope. My Grandmother was an incredible woman. Soft spoken but she knew what she wanted, loved the LORD and would find time to invite anyone to Bible Study with her. She embodied "womanhood" to me as a young girl. She was never seen wearing pants!! although my mother told me recently she owned a pair of jeans (just because she could!) but never wore them. She was always dressed with class, she wore aprons and cooked a lovely meal and sowed and collected recipes and washed fine dishes by hand. She was not heard gossiping or talking unkindly but she was heard joking and laughing about life. My Grandmother came to stay with my mother when she had me in 1973.. I was the youngest of five, my sister Jill had surgery when I was only a month and my Grandmother took care of me....


My own mother just spent three weeks with me after I gave birth to my 4th. My parents came, my dad worked hard in our yard, fixing our lawn mower (with duct tape no less!) , my mother cleaned and walked my kids to school and took down my Christmas decorations and laundry and on and on.....and there lies that cycle of life that is so obvious to us when we step back as adults but so subtle when we're children. Maybe one day I will be taking care of Audra's precious babies while she walks around in a sleep deprived stooper! And I too will get to go home to my husband and enjoy the memories....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tibute to two beautiful woman.