Friday, April 20, 2007

Episode # 134: "Broken Dreams"...

There is such a thing as "this isn't funny anymore!". This plate, "handmade in Italy" a wedding gift to us 13 years ago was the latest casualty in Anders long list of "broken things". I decided that if I can compose a list, when he gets his first job I may garnish his wages. The mind of Anders thinks like this "I wonder what would happen if I threw a 10 lb dumbbell from the top of the stairs?" Our wall found out after he and Gunnar rolled it from the top of the stairs (a big hole is what happens). When questioned how this weight got to the top of the stairs from being hidden far beneath a diaper changing table Gunnar replied "I tink it grew legs and walked mommy?" Anders thinks... "I wonder what would happen if I unscrewed my bottle and poured my milk on the stairs?" "I wonder what would happen if I took these used egg shells out of the garbage?" "What would happen if I made this rolling toy truck my rolling step ladder so that I could dig deep into mommy's drawers?" "I wonder what would happen if I climbed up the back of the couch and got bananas down and ate them with their peels on?" "I wonder.....I wonder? I wonder?" Anders list includes things like our "You are special plate", Glasses we got on our honeymoon, votive candle holders, one of each set of dinner glasses I own, toys, books torn to shreds.... my question is... "I wonder how long a mother can keep her sanity under these particular conditions?" Does one really have any say over your child's personality? The truth is....I don't think so. I think they come out......full of life with exactly what they got. Audra....the quiet drama, Gunnar the goofy train head and Anders.....well....he's Anders.

No comments: