Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Farm


My kids have actually never been to the farm in the Fall. They have spent time on the farm every year since they were born but either in summer or Christmas so for them to see the farm in Harvest season opened up a whole new world of questions and fascination with they're beloved farm. Why are the crops brown? Are they dead? Does the combine REALLY work? They shouted with glee the first day we arrived to find corn in it's "hard" state, fully ripened!! They also were amazed by the enormous combine, one for beans and one for corn!! Now this was an evacuation!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweethearts!

I used to counsel at Camp Shetek with you many, many years ago. I stumbled onto your blog. What a great way to chronicle your life!

The Carlsons said...

Ruth!!! Are you kidding me!! Where are you? How are you?? Where are you living??? aaaaah!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm well!!
My husband and our 3 girls live in the Twin Cities.
I'd love to email you. I have a facebook account under Brinker. Could you try me there?

Anonymous said...

Oops! I guess I should have put my name so I am not anonymous!!!!!

The Carlsons said...

Ruth!! I don't have a facebook. You can email me at abcdietitian@Hotmail.com I know I shouldn't put that there. I'll leave it there for a few days:)!! I'd love to talk!